Weekend break – New pearl of the seaside
This short and private tour is available in English guiding (on request in different languages), it starts in Bucharest (on request in Constanța), it has the accommodation in Sarichioi or Enisala village and it lasts 2 days (1 night).
On the first day we will discover the historical center of Constanța, the old seaport at the Black Sea, and the ruins of Histria, the first pontic fortress on the map of the Roman Empire. In the evening we will arrive in Sarichioi, where we’ll be accomodated in a beautiful traditional guest house.
On the second day we will explore Jurilovca, a famous village for the great Russian-Lipovan community. Then we will arrive at the headland of Doloșman which rises imposingly 30 meters above the lake of Razim. In this place we will find the ruins of Argamum Fortress (also known as Orgame), another important strategic point on the map of the Greeks and then of the Romans. In the second part of this day we will relax on the beaches of Gura Portiței, the new pearl of the Romanian seaside. In the evening we will return to Bucharest via Baia – Ovidiu – Fetești route.
Above, in the tabs of the page, you will find more details about the highlights of the itinerary + the timetable of it and about the rates + the services included in this tour.
Can we help you with any other informations? Don’t hesitate to contact us! Are you already convinced that this trip attracts you the best? Then make the first steps and book now by filling out the form on the last tab!
DAY 1 - Exploring Dobrogea
- 07:00 - 07:15 We meet in Bucharest - pick up from your hotel or from another place established together.
- 07:15 - 10:00 We hit the road to Constanța via A2 highway.
- 10:00 - 14:00 We visit the main attractions of Constanța. This ancient seaport is known for more than two thousands years and has the name of Tomis, a former Greek and later Roman colony. Closer to the present, King Carol I was in love with this place and raised it to the rank of national and later international seaside resort.
- 14:00 - 16:00 Lunch break in a great fishery located near the beach.
- 16:00 - 20:00 We drive for about one hour to Histria where we visit the oldest urban structure in the country and the first pontic fortress on the map of the Roman Empire. Histria archaeological site covers 72 hectars and includes ruins of 7m high walls, a Roman forum, the temples of Aphrodite and Zeus, two Roman baths, eight basilicas, workshops and shopping areas. This whole place is one of the most important historical points in Romania and that’s for sure! After which, we continue our journey to Sarichioi village, the central point of this tour.
- 20:00 - 22:00 Check-in and dinner at a traditional guest house recently built, respecting the specificity of the place, but with modern comfort.
DAY 2 - Exploring Dobrogea
- 07:00 - 09:00 Breakfast at the guest house and check-out.
- 09:00 - 13:00 Our first stop of this day is in Jurilovca, another place strongly marked by Russian-Lipovans traditions and a village considered one of the most beautiful in Dobrogea. The colorful houses have preserved the specificity of the place and are well maintained by the hard working local people. Then we arrive at the headland of Doloșman (Cape Doloșman) and we are amazed by the view over the lakes that opens here. For a couple of moments, you will remain speechless! Finally, we discover the archeological site of Orgame, an important fortress built by the Greeks since the 7th century BC. After being conquered by the Romans in the 1st century AD, the fortress was renamed as Argamum. The entire site lies on more than 100 hectares and we see here an access gate, portions of the defense wall (high and thick a few meters), Paleocristian basilicas and several streets.
- 13:00 - 15:00 Transfer by boat (15 minutes) to Gura Portiței, a piece of heaven that we used to call it the new pearl of the Romanian seaside. Lunch break in a great fishery after we arrive.
- 15:00 - 19:00 Free time for relaxing on the beach.
- 19:00 - 23:00 We return to Bucharest via Jurilovca - Baia - Ovidiu - Fetești route.
2018 SEASONAL RATES (APRIL - OCTOBER)
|WEEKEND BREAK - THE NEW PEARL OF THE SEASIDE (GURA PORTIȚEI)|
|GROUP OF||ROOM TYPE||CAR TYPE||RATE PER EXPLORER|
|4 explorers||2 doubles||VAN – Mercedes V Klass||369 EUR + VAT|
|5 explorers||2 doubles & 1 single||VAN – Mercedes V Klass||329 EUR + VAT|
|6 explorers||3 doubles||MINIBUS – Mercedes Sprinter||279 EUR + VAT|
|7 explorers||3 doubles & 1 single||MINIBUS – Mercedes Sprinter||249 EUR + VAT|
|8 explorers||4 doubles||MINIBUS – Mercedes Sprinter||219 EUR + VAT|
- Transport by car (with VAN or MINIBUS) with professional driver, fuel and road taxes
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bucharest
- English speaking guide and tourist assistance throughout the holiday
- Transport by boat from Jurilovca to Gura Portiței and back
- 1 night accommodation (in DOUBLE or SINGLE) with breakfast and dinner
- Access fees in the visited places (some of them)
- Lunches, drinks and tips
- Value Added Tax (VAT) = 19%
- Accommodation in Bucharest
- Airport - hotel - airport private transfer
- Travel guide in Bucharest
- 25% upfront payment after we confirm the availability of the requested tour and period.
- 75% payment difference within 30 days of the chosen check-in date.
- 100% refundable for 60 days before the chosen check-in date (we return the entire advanced payment).
- 50% refundable when cancelling between 30-60 days before the chosen check-in date (we return half of the advanced payment).
- Not refundable when cancelling 30 days before the chosen check-in date (we don't return the advanced payement).