Weekend break – A royal winery + 3 monasteries
This short and private tour to Dobrogea is available in English guiding (on request in different languages), it starts in Bucharest (on request in Constanța), it has the accommodation in Sarichioi or Enisala village and it lasts 2 days (1 night).
On the first day we will discover the historical center of Constanța, the old seaport at the Black Sea, and the ruins of Histria, the first pontic fortress on the map of the Roman Empire. In the evening we will arrive in Sarichioi, where we’ll be accomodated in a beautiful traditional guest house.
On the second day we will explore the northern part of this amazing region. In the first part we’ll visit the triangle of monasteries made up of Celic-Dere, Saon and Cocoș, the Paleocristian Church from Niculițel and the ruins of Noviodunum Fortress, another extremely valuable point on the map of the Roman Empire. In the second part of the day we will reach in Măcin and we will be enjoyed by a famous royal winery. In the evening we will return to Bucharest via Brăila – Slobozia route.
Above, in the tabs of the page, you will find more details about the highlights of the itinerary + the timetable of it and about the rates + the services included in this tour.
Can we help you with any other information? Don’t hesitate to contact us! Are you already convinced that this trip to Dobrogea attracts you the best? Then make the first steps and book now by filling out the form on the last tab!
DAY 1 - Exploring Dobrogea
- 07:00 - 07:15 We meet in Bucharest - pick up from your hotel or from another place established together.
- 07:15 - 10:00 We hit the road to Constanța via A2 highway.
- 10:00 - 14:00 We visit the main attractions of Constanța. This ancient seaport is known for more than two thousands years and has the name of Tomis, a former Greek and later Roman colony. Closer to the present, King Carol I was in love with this place and raised it to the rank of national and later international seaside resort.
- 14:00 - 16:00 Lunch break in a great fishery located near the beach.
- 16:00 - 20:00 We drive for about one hour to Histria where we visit the oldest urban structure in the country and the first pontic fortress on the map of the Roman Empire. Histria archaeological site covers 72 hectars and includes ruins of 7m high walls, a Roman forum, the temples of Aphrodite and Zeus, two Roman baths, eight basilicas, workshops and shopping areas. This whole place is one of the most important historical points in Romania and that’s for sure! After which, we continue our journey to Sarichioi village, the central point of this tour.
- 20:00 - 22:00 Check-in and dinner at a traditional guest house recently built, respecting the specificity of the place, but with modern comfort.
DAY 2 - Exploring Dobrogea
- 07:00 - 08:00 Breakfast at the guest house and check-out.
- 08:00 - 14:00 Our first stop of this day is at Celic-Dere Monastery, founded by two Russian-Lipovans monks in 1841. The name is token from the nearby brook. At the beggining it was a mixed monastery, but later the monks moved to the current Saon Monastery (our second stop) and this place thus remaining a nuns’s monastery (about 80 in numbers). The next stop is at Cocos Monastery founded in 1833 by three Romanian monks from Athos Mountain (Greece) and then at the Paleocristian Church from Niculițel, a basilica built in the 4th century AD, during the reign of Emperor Valerius. A few history-surprises await us here. Finally, we arrive at the ruins of Noviodunum Fortress, a former Roman castrum that was the base of the Classis Flavia Moesica and an important naval military base during the Roman Empire. The Roman emperor Flavius Julius Valens signed here with the Goths an important treaty of peace on a ship in the middle of the Danube River, neither on the territory of the empire nor on the enemy territory because the Visigoth King (Germanic) swore to his father that he will never tread on the Roman land. Isn't that fascinanting?
- 14:00 - 18:00 We reach in Măcin at the vineyard of Sarica Niculițel, considered to be the oldest viticultural area known on the land of Dobrogea, a supplier of the Royal House of Romania in the present. Here we’ll take a traditional Dobrogean lunch, have a few tastings and then visit the wine cellar.
- 18:00 - 22:00 We return to Bucharest via Măcin - Brăila - Slobozia route.
2018 SEASONAL RATES (APRIL - OCTOBER)
|WEEKEND BREAK - A ROYAL WINERY & 3 MONASTERIES|
|GROUP OF||ROOM TYPE||CAR TYPE||RATE PER EXPLORER|
|4 explorers||2 doubles||VAN – Mercedes V Klass||399 EUR + VAT|
|5 explorers||2 doubles & 1 single||VAN – Mercedes V Klass||349 EUR + VAT|
|6 explorers||3 doubles||MINIBUS – Mercedes Sprinter||299 EUR + VAT|
|7 explorers||3 doubles & 1 single||MINIBUS – Mercedes Sprinter||269 EUR + VAT|
|8 explorers||4 doubles||MINIBUS – Mercedes Sprinter||239 EUR + VAT|
- Transport by car (with VAN or MINIBUS) with professional driver, fuel and road taxes
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bucharest
- English speaking guide and tourist assistance throughout the holiday
- 1 night accommodation (in DOUBLE or SINGLE) with breakfast and dinner
- Access fees in the visited places (some of them)
- Lunches, drinks and tips
- Value Added Tax (VAT) = 19%
- Accommodation in Bucharest
- Airport - hotel - airport private transfer
- Travel guide in Bucharest
- 25% upfront payment after we confirm the availability of the requested tour and period.
- 75% payment difference within 30 days of the chosen check-in date.
- 100% refundable for 60 days before the chosen check-in date (we return the entire advanced payment).
- 50% refundable when cancelling between 30-60 days before the chosen check-in date (we return half of the advanced payment).
- Not refundable when cancelling 30 days before the chosen check-in date (we don't return the advanced payement).