Weekend break – Central Danube Delta
This short and private tour to Danube Delta is available in English guiding (on request in different languages), it starts in Bucharest (on request in Constanța), it has the accommodation in Sarichioi or Enisala village and it lasts 2 days (1 night).
On the first day we will discover the historical center of Constanța, the old seaport at the Black Sea, and the ruins of Histria, the first pontic fortress on the map of the Roman Empire. In the evening we will arrive in Sarichioi, where we’ll be accomodated in a beautiful traditional guest house.
On the second day we will explore the channels and the lakes of the Danube Delta (the Central Part with its Mila 23 village, Sulina town and Caraorman Forrest) and we will be amazed by its beauty absolutely impossible to describe in words. Together with our local guide, we will discover some of the delta secrets, this unique place in Europe, Biosphere Reservation and UNESCO Heritage. In the evening we will return to Bucharest via Tulcea – Hârșova – Slobozia route, an extremely spectacular road thanks to its endless agricultural crops and hundreds of wind-farms.
Above, in the tabs of the page, you will find more details about the highlights of the itinerary + the timetable of it and about the rates + the services included in this tour.
Can we help you with any other information? Don’t hesitate to contact us! Are you already convinced that this trip to Danube Delta attracts you the best? Then make the first steps and book now by filling out the form on the last tab!
DAY 1 - Exploring Dobrogea
- 07:00 - 07:15 We meet in Bucharest - pick up from your hotel or from another place established together.
- 07:15 - 10:00 We hit the road to Constanța via A2 highway.
- 10:00 - 14:00 We visit the main attractions of Constanța. This ancient seaport is known for more than two thousands years and has the name of Tomis, a former Greek and later Roman colony. Closer to the present, King Carol I was in love with this place and raised it to the rank of national and later international seaside resort.
- 14:00 - 16:00 Lunch break in a great fishery located near the beach.
- 16:00 - 20:00 We drive for about one hour to Histria where we visit the oldest urban structure in the country and the first pontic fortress on the map of the Roman Empire. Histria archaeological site covers 72 hectars and includes ruins of 7m high walls, a Roman forum, the temples of Aphrodite and Zeus, two Roman baths, eight basilicas, workshops and shopping areas. This whole place is one of the most important historical points in Romania and that’s for sure! After which, we continue our journey to Sarichioi village, the central point of this tour.
- 20:00 - 22:00 Check-in and dinner at a traditional guest house recently built, respecting the specificity of the place, but with modern comfort.
DAY 2 - Exploring Danube Delta
- 07:00 - 08:00 Breakfast at the guest house and check-out.
- 08:00 - 09:00 Transfer by car to the harbor of Tulcea.
- 09:00 - 14:00 We explore by boat alongside our local guide the central part of the Danube Delta. Our first stop is in the picturesque village of Mila 23, a place who gave us Ivan Patzaichin, the famous Romanian canoist (Russian-Lipovan as a religion), quadruple golden winner at the Summer Olympics in 1968, 1972, 1980 and 1984. Next we arrive in Sulina, the most eastern town in Romania, only accessible by water as well. Sulina became a town in the 19th century thanks to the establishment of the European Commission of the Danube, which transformed the place from a fishing village into an important town for European river traffic. Short city tour by foot.
- 14:00 - 15:00 Lunch break in Sulina.
- 15:00 - 18:00 We continue to explore the Danube Delta by arriving in the Caraorman Forest, alogside the Letea Forest being the northern subtropical forest in the world, among which one are secular species of quercus robus. One exemplary has an impressive age of 400 years and a 4-meter circumference. Moreover, the reservation hosts a large group of wild horses and some mammalian species like otter and rabbit. This short walk through the wild nature will be another milestone of your journey!
- 18:00 - 23:00 We return to Tulcea following the Sulina branch and then we continue our way back to Bucharest via Tulcea - Hârșova - Slobozia route.
2018 SEASONAL RATES (APRIL - OCTOBER)
|WEEKEND BREAK - CENTRAL DANUBE DELTA|
|GROUP OF||ROOM TYPE||CAR TYPE||RATE PER EXPLORER|
|4 explorers||2 doubles||VAN – Mercedes V Klass||529 EUR + VAT|
|5 explorers||2 doubles & 1 single||VAN – Mercedes V Klass||449 EUR + VAT|
|6 explorers||3 doubles||MINIBUS – Mercedes Sprinter||379 EUR + VAT|
|7 explorers||3 doubles & 1 single||MINIBUS – Mercedes Sprinter||339 EUR + VAT|
|8 explorers||4 doubles||MINIBUS – Mercedes Sprinter||299 EUR + VAT|
- Transport by car (with VAN or MINIBUS) with professional driver, fuel and road taxes
- Pick-up and drop-off at your hotel in Bucharest
- English speaking guide and tourist assistance throughout the holiday
- Transport by boat together with a local guide
- 1 night accommodation (in DOUBLE or SINGLE) with breakfast and dinner
- Access fees in the visited places (some of them)
- Lunches, drinks and tips
- Value Added Tax (VAT) = 19%
- Accommodation in Bucharest
- Airport - hotel - airport private transfer
- Travel guide in Bucharest
- 25% upfront payment after we confirm the availability of the requested tour and period.
- 75% payment difference within 30 days of the chosen check-in date.
- 100% refundable for 60 days before the chosen check-in date (we return the entire advanced payment).
- 50% refundable when cancelling between 30-60 days before the chosen check-in date (we return half of the advanced payment).
- Not refundable when cancelling 30 days before the chosen check-in date (we don't return the advanced payement).